Fast Facts (from JD Power and Associates):
- 80% redesigned or new parts
- Standard direct-injection 4-cylinder engine
- New 3.3-liter V-6 engine option
- New Torque On Demand all-wheel-drive option
- New Torque Vectoring Cornering Control system with AWD
- New electric steering with Flex Steer technology
- Stiffer body structure improves ride and handling
- Revised suspension tuning with strut tower brace
- Restyled with LED lighting and new wheel choices
- New dashboard with larger information screen
- Optional UVO eServices technology
- Optional ventilated front seats
- Optional programmable power liftgate
- Optional second-row manual window sunshades
- Optional 115-volt power inverter
- Optional blind-spot information system
- Optional redesigned panoramic sunroof
- SX Limited trim joins lineup, adds luxury
Under the Hood
The 2014 Kia Sorento LX and EX are equipped with a direct-injection, 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine generating 191 horsepower at 6,300 rpm and 181 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,250 rpm. A 6-speed automatic transmission drives the front wheels.
A new 3.3-liter V-6 engine is optional for the LX and EX, and standard for the SX and SXL trims. It generates 290 horsepower at 6,400 rpm and 252 lb.-ft. of torque at 5,200 rpm, is paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission, and is offered with front- or all-wheel drive.
The V-6 engine is offered with an optional Torque On Demand all-wheel-drive system with Torque Vectoring Cornering Control technology. The system drives the front wheels under normal conditions, and automatically directs power to the rear wheels for improved traction in slippery conditions or when tackling corners.
The new 2014 Sorento is also offered with Flex Steer technology. Using Flex Steer, the driver can select between Comfort, Normal and Sport tuning for the Sorento’s electric steering.
Contact Donny Pauling for advice on where to buy this vehicle: